Sunday, September 16, 2018

Skull Creek: evening before departure

       The second post of the day.
        I am writing this just after 8 p.m. at Central in the Great Cabin.
       A first quarter moon to the south.  Wind also from the south.  Right where I want it.  Before sunset a clearing sky.  A plastic tumbler with a little Plymouth gin in it to my right, where I can’t see it but can find it when I want it.  The score of the light weight film, WOMAN ON TOP, cheerful sensual Brazilian music, on the Boom 2s.
       There is a profound pleasure on the evening before a passage, knowing that you and your boat are ready.  Not having to rush.  Having time to look around, to enjoy the moment, to anticipate the coming return to the monastery of the sea.  And this time I even have a favorable wind forecast.   If you have been here a while, you know that I often do not.
        I know joy with Carol.  I am beyond fortunate to have both her and the sea.