Thursday, December 9, 2021

Hilton Head Island: an historic triumph

 



The forecast front passed through yesterday afternoon with strong wind and heavy rain for two hours before it moved offshore where it only distressed multi-billionaires who couldn’t find dock space for their megayachts.

This morning I biked to GANNET, opened the companionway, and with fear and trepidation climbed down into the Great Cabin.  Finally I mustered the courage to look at the v-berth.  It was dry.  Dry, I tell you.  Not a drop of water.  Anywhere.  I fixed the leaks.  For the present.  I sang Handel’s ‘Hallelujah Chorus’.  Twice.  Which disturbed two egrets and the flock of blackbirds that reside on the upper deck of the ferry boat.  And biked home.

I am writing sitting by our bedroom window and glanced up to see the above.  You are just going to have to put up with sunset photos.  I can’t help myself.

2 comments:

Frank Ladd said...

May your V beth stay dry for ever and ever, hallelujah, hallelujah!

Webb said...

Thank you, Frank. I hope so, too, but I have my doubts.