Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Hilton Head Island: painted and viewless

 


I painted the forepeak today and didn't even get very much paint on myself.  The forepeak is easier to paint than the Great Cabin with fewer bolts in the overhead and more uncluttered surfaces, all easier to reach, except for the very bow which is a long stretch over a partial bulkhead.  Now GANNET's interior is painted except for the bilge and the dead space in the stern aft of the pipe berths.  The bilge is small and easy.  The space aft is not going to be painted by the present owner who got stuck back there last time.  He does spray mold retardant into that space from the safety of the pipe berths.

I spent three hours scraping paint yesterday and two and a half hours painting today.  So far the project has taken about twelve hours, evenly divided between scraping and painting.


When I biked back to the condo I found that somebody had stolen my view.  This place is very different without the view.  I miss it.  The identity of the thieves is known.  The exterior of our building is being painted.  I will be glad when it is done and I have my view back.

No comments: