Thursday, October 27, 2022

Hilton Head Island: from the Great Cabin


 

The above was taken a few minutes ago.  I was tired of being entombed in our condo, not able to see outside or even go out on our deck or porch.  It became worse this morning when paint splatters begin appearing on the plastic outside doors and windows.  So I walked down and will spend the night on GANNET.  I could not have done this until I reorganized the interior yesterday.

Sitting here at Central is like coming home, except that I already was home.  I can see the sky and feel a modest breeze.  

Looking around I am satisfied with the paint job.  I have still to sand down and oil the wood, paint the bilge, and paint the two small areas beside where I am sitting that I missed earlier.  I'll do all that next week.

I brought down half a store bought Santa Fe Chicken salad and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.  I am presently charging the bluetooth speakers and in an hour will go on deck and sip wine and listen to music.  Just like old times.

Excellent.

L'Chaim.


4 comments:

Shawn Stanley said...

Excellent. I am also painting the interior of my boat (continuing)..I do mine in sections, experiencing the same challenges you do...(move everything to the v-berth so the main cabin is clear to paint...then move everything to the quarterberth, so I can paint the v-berth, etc.)
Anyway, looks great, and nice to have an alternate living space while you condo is 'under attack'..almost too cold to sleep on the boat here in Maryland these days.

Cheers,
Shawn in MD

Webb said...

Quite pleasant here at night now, Shawn. Low last night was around 60.

Anonymous said...

The Great Cabin looks just Great! I'm a little bit jealous, except that I know I could paint our interior and probably will in the next year.

Our boat is now in the yard getting bottom paint, polishing, a bit of gelcoat repair and a new rub rail on our hull to deck joint.

Our yard does nice work but won't let you work on your boat. OK with me.

Webb said...

Thank you. I did take that photo from an angle that excluded those areas that do not look great, but I will improve them this week. Being able to go back and forth to GANNET in five minutes on bicycle or ten minutes on foot makes working on her a pleasure now that the summer heat has passed.