Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Hilton Head Island: rain; another view


The above photo was taken two days ago. 

Here today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osxi_fbxJow





I have observed that in a lifetime of reading, the most profound words are:

Ecclesiastes 9:11

“I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.” 


I believe that is proven by history, but I came across a poem that suggests the possibility of exceptions.






2 comments:

Rik_Studio said...

I identify with "opportunity is when chance meets preparation". A nice blend of the two poems.

CPSMarine said...

lovely piece of optimism during strange times.