Friday, August 28, 2020

San Diego: lowered and hobbled



 As you can see Kasey and I lowered the mast yesterday with almost complete success.  There was minor collateral damage in that the Windex was damaged and one area of Raptor non-skid was gouged.  

Of odd interest is that the OpenWind transducer is now connecting with the iPhone, but then it is only a dozen feet away.  

The top photo is of an elderly sailor and his elderly boat.

Susan and Howard came by last evening and we had a very civilized picnic overlooking the Mission Bay Channel.  Susan took both the photos with her camera..  I thank her for permission to share them and for the picnic where the food was up to her usual suburb standard and there was even ice for the drinks.

They dropped me off at the marina after dark.  My vision, never good, is worse in the dark.  On the way to the boat yard gate, I stumbled on a curb and fell, apparently spraining my right ankle which is now quite large and quite painfull.  This is a nuisance because I actually have work to do.  I am not sure if I can stand long enough to get a coat of antifouling on tomorrow.  I may wait until Sunday.

The good news is that I was carrying a bottle of wine.  Unopened perhaps I need add.  And when I fell it didn’t break. 

4 comments:

Ernie said...

That boat looks wicked fast.

Webb said...

She is and 41 years old. A design decades ahead of its time that still wins races. A talented and honorable builder.

“Wicked” causes me to place you in New England. Carol and I lived in Boston when we were first married.

Unknown said...

She will do 240 mile days if you care to push her to the limit.

Ernie said...

You got me. Old swamp yankee.