Thursday, September 1, 2022

Lake Forest: Webb Chiles, And What Comes After Living an Epic Life

The subject line is the title of an article written by Tim Henry for LATITUDE 38.  I met Tim when I spoke at the Richmond Yacht Club shortly after completing GANNET’s circumnavigation.  LATITUDE 38 has long shown interest in my voyages and Tim emailed me a few months ago proposing this piece.  Here is the link if you want to read it.

https://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/2022/08/31/#webb-chiles-what-comes-next-after-living-epic-life

Some may wonder why wait until 2026.  Were I to successfully do now what I am planning to do then, I would again be confronted with the same problem:  what ought I to do next.  Now I have five years with something to look forward to.  And it will be more interesting to see what I can do when I am even older, assuming I get even older.

2 comments:

ZMK said...

Ah, I thought the article was going to reveal the grand plan!
Are you able to tell us if the culmination of the five year plan involves a land or water based activity?

Webb said...

Water.