Monday, November 11, 2019

San Diego; 78








After Carol went to sleep last evening, I went onto the balcony with my iPad and sipped gin  while listening to Zhu Xiao-Mei play Book 1 of Bach’s Well Tempered Clavier.  It was an appropriate place to spend the final hours of my seventy-seventh year.  Almost straight below me was the dock from which I rowed CHIDIOCK TICHBORNE almost forty-four years earlier to began the open boat voyage.  I lived aboard my first boat, an Excalibur 26, in the next marina from 1967 to 1969.  And on the opposite side of the basin is GANNET and the slip from which I began my sixth circumnavigation in 2014.

This morning I did my full workout, including more than my age in push-ups and crunches.  I did 80 of each in the first set and 40 each in the next two sets which will carry me though November 10, 2022, 

By chance the above poster is in this hotel room.