Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Evanston: one more push-up




        And crunch.
        I’m not sure how long I can keep this up, but I added one of each today and am good for 73, followed by the usual 40 and 40, despite lingering pain in my left wrist and shoulder from a fall seven weeks ago when I stepped onto GANNET while she was tied to the marina breakwater and the end of a dock line rolled beneath my foot.  I heal more slowly than I used to.
        A quiet day.  Complete overcast ahead of Arctic air due to drop temperatures below freezing and keep them there indefinitely.  
        When Carol comes home from the office, we’ll have dinner and perhaps watch a movie on television.
        You know the day will end with a glass, or two, of Laphroaig.
        Odd with all the movement in my life that I find myself seventy-three years later only three hundred miles from where I started.


   
   
         As an original writer more than once observed:  Life is the process of turning baby smooth skin into scar tissue.