Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Hilton Head Island: two bad signs


 

At the Earth wind map this morning I found the above.  This is far too early.  The water is still too cold to sustain a hurricane.  Two or three months from now it won’t be.

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-76.36,25.44,1538/loc=-99.380,41.147



Looks innocent enough.  A bottle of ice tea on a shelf.  Except it shouldn’t be there.

Early yesterday afternoon I poured myself some tea, took it to my chair in the bedroom where I was watching Oregon blow away Iowa in the basketball tournament.  A while later Carol, who was working from home in another part of the condo, went to get herself some tea.  She couldn’t find it and asked if I knew where it was.  I replied, “In the refrigerator.”  But it wasn’t.  Eventually she found it on the shelf where the cup I had poured it into normally resides.  Obviously I took the tea from the refrigerator, the cup from the shelf, poured tea into cup, and put the tea on the shelf instead of back in the refrigerator where it belongs.  I have no memory of this.

Now it might be that I was merely preoccupied with profound thoughts.  I often have profound thoughts.  It is a curse, but usually I can still perform normal functions while I am having them.  Or, like the image of the tightly wound low just off our coast, it might be a sign of something more serious.

Upon finding the tea, Carol said, pleasantly enough, “You are losing your mind.”  I replied, “You may be right.”  Stay tuned for further developments, if any.


2 comments:

tatali0n said...

I wouldn't worry about it. It's the sort of thing I do all the time, and I'm 30 years your junior. Hmm, then again, maybe I should worry about it?!

Flick said...

My drunk sailor cousin came back late from duty while living with us and we found his wallet in the oven the next morning. (Of course, he had alcohol to blame.)