Thursday, March 11, 2021

Hilton Head Island: shot; clearer; weight loss




I biked the five miles to Hilton Head Hospital yesterday and received my first COVID vaccine shot.  Along the way I passed a neighbor.  He was on the far side of the road and pond.  Carol and I have seen him several times.  Once when we passed he was not visible and a school outing was being held on the grass.

Although it was a lovely day for it I was seemingly the only one to bike for a shot.  There were no other bicycles in sight.  Not even a bike rack.  I don’t suppose many people do bike to hospitals.


The annual tree trimming also took place yesterday.  A small crane was maneuvered behind the buildings and a man with a chain saw went up in the basket and seriously cut off branches.  We no longer have Spanish Moss within arm’s reach of our deck.  We do have a clearer view of the marina and Skull Creek which is nice.  I don’t what the squirrels think about this.


A comment that I find amusing was made about the My Seventh Circumnavigation/6 video.

2 and 1/2 pounds.  Good Lord!  Definitely quite (sic) listening to your doctor.  That is nothing.

To which I replied:

You may not know that I am 6’1” and weigh 153 pounds and do not need or seek to lose weight. I mentioned it because it was unusual and seemed odd after so brief and easy a time on the boat.

For real weight loss I recommend drifting for two weeks and three hundred miles in a 9’ inflatable dinghy, living mostly on six sips of water and half a can of tuna fish a day.  When I reached land I weighed 127 pounds.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s some intense weight loss. I’ve only know fighters to lose that kind of weight, but they do it for fame and money