Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Evanston: slipped and packed

        Yesterday I telephoned Driscoll’s Mission Bay Marina, where I kept GANNET before her circumnavigation.   I telephoned them from Panama and reached a woman whom I believe no longer works there.  She was not helpful.   Yesterday the phone was answered by Max,  the dockmaster, who was most helpful and promised to find room for the little boat when I return to San Diego.
        While Shelter Island is more convenient with shops, a supermarket and chandleries all in easy walking distance, I prefer Mission Bay to San Diego Bay.  Quivira Basin is quieter, prettier, and has much quicker access to the ocean.  I am looking forward to  being back there.
        Carol laughs that I am usually sitting on my duffle bag days before I am due to make a trip.  There is some truth to that.  I fly to San Diego three weeks from yesterday and tested to see if the boat stuff I am taking back will fit inside my backpack.  It will.  I didn’t leave the equipment in the backpack, but I’m ready.