Carol and I were sitting looking out at the foggy ocean last evening when about 6 PM a large animal appeared just beyond the golf course. At first we thought it was a very big dog, but then the size of its paws and thick tail and the way it walked clearly showed it was a mountain lion. I googled and learned that ‘mountain lion’ ‘puma’ and ‘cougar’ all are the same animal. Neither of us had ever seen a mountain lion before.
This one stopped and sat and looked around for a while, then continued south walking on the paved golf cart tract.
Fifteen minutes earlier two deer had been grazing on the hillside. They avoid the golf course and graze on the vegetation beside it. Good timing for them, bad for him.
Bodega Bay is a small place with great areas of wilderness around it.
I am pleased that we have not yet forced other species out.
No comments:
Post a Comment