The view from our AirBnB. Not as dramatic as Shelter Cove, but very pleasant and we are pleased to be here.
As I have noted I have never seen northern California before. It is beautiful and has few people. I googled ‘What percent of California’s population lives San Francisco and south?’ and AI told me 90%. I googled ‘What percent of California’s land is north of San Francisco?’ and was told 58%. Both numbers surprise me.
Today we passed over more than a dozen rivers and creeks running almost dry. Riverbeds two hundred yards wide carried water a tenth of that and often even less. Some creeks were completely dry.
Because we knew California gas prices are high, Carol rented a Toyota Camry hybrid. Neither of us had any experience with hybrids. We have now stopped for gas twice and are getting an impressive 47 mpg.

5 comments:
Beautiful view. Where is that?
https://weatherspark.com/y/364/Average-Weather-in-Fort-Bragg-California-United-States-Year-Round#Figures-PrecipitationProbability
Bodega Bay is about 50 miles north of San Francisco and is famous for having been the site of most of Alfred Hitchcock’s, THE BIRDS.
47 mpg not mph. We rented an MG3 Hybrid in England this summer and it was an eye-opener. Almost 70mpg (average speed of 33mph) and still 0-60 in 7 seconds. At almost $75 to fill a 10 gallon tank you can see the sense of it in Europe. Our car is a 2020 Mazda at less than half the fuel economy; we drive almost 500 miles a year so it doesn't make sense to switch. Still green and beautiful in the Dales.
Thanks, Ernie. MPG it is.
Sorry, I somehow missed the title *and* the last line of the previous post.
Post a Comment