Saturday, August 12, 2023

Lake Forest: deck sailing; on the beach; soccer; unstitched


Kent, of Audrey and Kent’s Armada fame, can build things.  I who cannot am very impressed and jealous.  One of his most recent constructions is this work deck which now is a sailing deck.  Kent informs me that he plans to take another photo with the sail pointing the other way because he thinks the closer end of the deck may be the bow.  I don’t know how he can tell.  To me she looks like a double-ender.  

I thank him for permission to share this charming photo and wish him fair winds.




Last evening Carol drove us down to the lake front for drinks and dinner.  We have done this at least once a week since I flew back at the beginning of July.  Last evening was perfect.  81F/27C.  A slight breeze.  The lake almost flat.  Lovely.


Great days for soccer.  All four of the women’s World Cup quarter finals were close.  Three matches ended 2-1 and Australia went through over France in a penalty shootout that went to the ninth round.  I think any of the four remaining teams could lift the cup, but with New Zealand out, I am hoping Australia does.

And the men’s European leagues are starting their new seasons this weekend.  



I am unstitched and no longer look like a member of the Addams Family.  Well, perhaps I still do, but at least there are no plastic sutures sticking out of my head.  This scar is my biggest.  So far.  I am very proud.  For some reason I thought it would be horizontal, but it is vertical and slightly diagonal.  Having no hair to part, I now part my skull in the middle.





4 comments:

Clark said...

Tell folks the scar is from a cutlass slash, and they should see the other guy.

Webb said...

A good suggestion. I will.

Rich Pereira said...

Thanks for the update and pic of you view at dinner on the beach! I hope you enjoyed some “coffee” with your dinner! 😎

Webb said...

We did. Oddly my ‘coffee’ had an olive in it and Carol’s tasted strangely like white wine.