Saturday, April 15, 2023

Hilton Head Island: your health; May sail


 

Among my many public services, I am good for your health.  Who knew?  I most certainly did not and never aspired to be, yet I accept my unintended contribution.

I thank Larry for this link to the value of observing sunsets.  You may get tired of my posting photos of them, which are an essential part of living in this condo, but if you follow the link you will learn that they are good for your health.  I will in any case continue to post them for your good and mine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2023/04/13/sunset-sunrise-beautiful-winter/


Here is a link to another:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epMf4qGS-Q





Carol flies here a week today and will spend a week, following which I will go sailing in May.  I have a possible destination in mind, but it has no great or even significant meaning to me.  That has been my problem ever since I completed my sixth circumnavigation.  The redemption is my five year plan.  It does have meaning for me.  It entails hardship and risk which may be essential for me, but I am taking pleasure in not rushing into it.  If I am still alive and healthy when I am 85 I will push limits again without consideration or respect of what anyone else at that age has done.  In the meantime I will keep GANNET ready, myself as strong as possible, enjoy the beauty and serenity of this place and my life with Carol, and from time to time a glass of claret on the porch, one of which I presently have beside me.


The sun is lowering over Pickney Island.  It may be spectacular.  If so, I will share it.  You can’t have too many beautiful sunsets.


















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your service Web! I must instinctively share your passion for sunsets! I just checked my phone and I currently have over 4200 sunset and sunrise pics & videos! No two are the same! And I can confirm that the experiences are indeed good for our health! Cheers!