Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Hilton Head Island: tested; casks

Sunday I took GANNET out to test the Pelagic.  We powered from the slip to a windless Port Royal Sound where after I cut the Evo we drifted slowly backwards with the tide.  I waited what seemed a long time, but really wasn’t, for wind before finally restarting the Evo.  Good wind filled in a quarter mile from the dock.  Naturally.  I now know that the Pelagic works in flat calm, even including its remote.



I thank Martin for this link to one of the most profitable investments you can make.  I did not even know that you can buy casks of whisky.  I am pleased to see that Laphroaig has appreciated the most, but probably shouldn’t be if this eventually results in my bottles costing more.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0914c132-d192-11ed-b1cd-5223fe349502?shareToken=57fc387a92c8a30c31598e171a5f5263



The Low Country is heating up.  80F/26.6C and the air-conditioning is on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Webb - are you a member of the "Friends of Laphroaig" Club? The Laphroaig official website permits you to join the club buy just signing up. And you can earn points towards getting a "honorary lifetime lease on one square foot of Islay near the water source on the Kilbride Stream" - perhaps a destination for your next voyage on Gannet. Best wishes - Scott

Webb said...

I am, Scott, but I signed up so long ago I’ve forgotten my account. Laphroaig does not need promotions to cause me to buy my next bottle.