On this Saturday night that image came by chance. I used the mirror function on my iPhone to see if I had dinged my head today and saw the above.
That I wondered if I had dinged my head is because today I installed the replacement stern solar panels and found blood on the starboard port berth from what ding I do not know.
The installation took a couple of hours, more than one of which was spent lying on my back in the dead space in GANNET’s stern connecting wires and filling holes in awkward and uncomfortable positions, as my aged back is reminding me. A partially medicinal glass of Laphroaig is at hand to my left where I can see it, but regular readers will know the Laphroaig is only partially medicinal.
The installation went as I expected. Some parts were easier; some more difficult. But it got done.
This coming week I will be returning to that uncomfortable space at least twice to install the Pelagic tiller pilot. I have most of what is necessary to make that installation, but need to built a support for what I call the tiller arm and Pelagic calls the actuator so that it and the tiller are level. Custom cut StarBoard and 6” bolts should arrive next week.