I thank David for the link to a film about Joshua Slocum. There are many films about Slocum. Here is the link to this one.
https://youtu.be/9dmaWOwxW2M?is=_y4MJp4kieHWHL54
He sent it specifically for the sequence about David Sinnet-Jones sailing a replica of Joshua Slocum’s LIBERDADE which appears in the nineteenth minute. I watched that, but then went back to the beginning and watched the entire video with Carol. Despite some hyperbole, we enjoyed it.
While I greatly admire Joshua Slocum for building the LIBERDADE and sailing her with his family back to the United States after his ship was wrecked in Brazil, I don’t have interest in building replicas and duplicating voyages. Better to make new voyages.
A comment by Scott on the August 30 journal entry caused me to realize that I had given the wrong date of the start of the open boat voyage, which was not November 12, 1974, but November 12, 1978, forty-eight years ago not fifty-two. I have made the corrections. In November of 1974 I sailed from San Diego for what became my first attempt at Cape Horn. Even at my advanced age I should be able to tell them apart. I apologize for my mistake and am glad Scott commented.
No comments:
Post a Comment