Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Lake Forest: thanks; under the weather; three poems



 


I am sure that on your daily visit to the main site you have noticed that the line and photograph I recently I wrote I would add to that site if I could are now there.  For that I thank Rich, a sailor who follows this journal and read that entry and contacted his friend, Sheldon, who is a computer professional who can access my site and make changes.  I thank them both.  

I have been thinking about this and will not often take advantage of Sheldon’s gracious generosity.  I don’t know how long the main site will outlive me, but almost all of what I will ever write or do is already there.  Unless I am struck by some unexpected inspiration, I believe I will only want to include the completion of my five year plan, if completed it is, and my death.

In the meantime I will continue to write here and sail when the spirit moves me.


I have been under the weather.  Not in the usual meaning.  I am not ill, though as is also usual my latest slice is healing slowly.  For some years I have noticed that I heal much more slowly than I did when younger.  But under the weather in that the weather has been oppressing me.  Snow last Friday.  A few flurries Saturday.  A bit warmer Monday and Tuesday, but with rain and gale force winds.  All of which have been keeping me inside and less active than my aged body wants to be.  I have been doing my workouts, but workouts are not enough.  I need to get out.  The sun has just partially broken through after an absence for days, but the temperature is 32F/0C.  It is 70F/21//C in Hilton Head.  I found the above in my photos to remind me of what is waiting for me to return to, though probably not for another month.



Three poems.  The first two Japanese written a thousand years ago.  The last written by an American still living.








2 comments:

Shawn Stanley said...

Webb, I am kind of in the middle of your two current residences being a little SE of Washington DC, and I feel your pain. I am ready for the lamb part of March being in like a lion and out like a lamb..there is much to do. The weather is not helping, even here. We did have a nice sunset today.
Cheers!
Shawn

Webb said...

It is that capricious season, Shawn. At least I was able to go for a walk yesterday.