Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Hilton Head Island: tomorrow


 

I am just back from GANNET, where among other things I turned on the Yellowbrick which has transmitted a position as you can see in the screen shot above.  I notice that it shows the abominable ferry boat across from GANNET.  She is has not been there since last July.

The tracking page is: https://my.yb.tl/gannet

That can also be found in the introduction at the top of the journal page.  

The Spanish moss is no longer horizontal, but it is at a severe angle and we continue under a small craft advisory with wind blowing GANNET back into her slip, so I will leave tomorrow and almost certainly anchor for the night in Port Royal Sound.

The little boat is ready to go, except for my filling the day water bottles.  I hope I remember to do so.

I reconfigured the interior into sailing mode yesterday and fit the Evo electric outboard today.  Strictly speaking it is an ePropulsion Spirit 1.0 Evo, but that is much too long.  It started as it always has.  And as always on GANNET there was blood.  I scratched my leg moving the shaft from aft of the port pipe berth.  Quite minor, but bleeding enough so that I had to stop and apply the eternal bandaid.

Wishing you well from the windy marsh.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Webb - Wishing you well for a good sail with fair winds. I sailed that section of coast last April as was surprised by the wind constantly changing direction, sometimes several times in 24 hours. I hope you have steady wind from one direction, hopefully aft of beam. Bon voyage. Scott

Mark Bradley said...

Enjoy your sail Webb. I’ll be following along as I always have since I could. Hope it brings you pleasure, peace and fun
Mark B