Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Hilton Head Island: a new video; Wednesday or Thursday

There is a new video on my YouTube channel showing about a quarter of my bike ride to a supermarket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTHAZWSKlGc



Today continues windy.  Not gale force as we had Sunday when the wind was strong enough to topple a tree onto a substation causing a several hour long power outage.  I began to wonder if I was going to have to go down to GANNET to charge my devices.  GANNET creates her own electricity and is self-contained.  The condo is not.

We now have a small craft advisory with gusts in the 20s.  Away from the dock this would not be a problem.  Getting GANNET away from the dock it is, particularly when it blows from the north or northwest which is the current direction.  The forecast is for gusts in the 20s to continue tomorrow, so I may not leave until Thursday.  I would like to anchor for the first night in Port Royal Sound where it is easier to remove and stow the outboard than it is underway.

I will activate the Yellowbrick tomorrow.  If you don’t see any movement, you know why.


No comments: