Friday, February 22, 2019

Shelter Bay Marina: evening

       A second post of the day.        
       I am on the water, which I almost always would want to be, but had hoped that at this moment I would be on land.
        I still like the people here.
        Edwin was most apologetic when he came by this afternoon to tell me the haul out was not going to happen.  Everything went wrong with the travel lift today.  I understand and accept.  I have learned over the decades that sometimes I have to detune myself and here I am trying.  Another day doesn’t matter until I run out of days, and if I do on the last passage, I will have fulfilled my own precept as included on the Wit page of the main site:  go out, going forward.
       Not expecting that to happen, I strive to be patient, though as in a poem I have noted that the word has two meanings, neither of which is natural for me.
       Not wanting to miss someone coming by the boat to tell me they were ready to haul us out, I went without lunch today.  As when I waited a few afternoons ago for DHL, there is never going to be a failure because I am not where I might be.
        My routine here is to shower around 5 PM and on my way back to GANNET buy a can of cold tonic from the mini-mart, make a gin/rum/tequila and tonic with a slice of lime that I drink on deck at sunset, listening to music.  Tonight’s Bach was the Sixth Cello Suite performed by Pablo Casals.  Tonight’s drink was tequila and tonic.  I am now on my second, having come below where I ate a dinner of Santa Fe Rice and Chicken at Central.  And I will go onto a third.
       I need Bach these days.  And tequila or gin or rum.  
       My limited Laphroaig is too valuable to touch.