Saturday, February 23, 2019

Shelter Bay Boat Yard: out and down

        GANNET is out of the water and the mast is down.
        Edwin came to our slip at 8:15 and rode to the travel lift with me.  He likes the sound of the Torqeedo.
        Work is being done on the cradle.
        Steve, the rigger, says the the problem with the furling gear is a slipped spacer and easily fixed.
        Once the mast was down I was able to remove the jib from the furling gear and, spreading it out on the ground, was even able to fold it and fit it into a sail bag, something I could never do on GANNET’s deck.  However, with the mast blocking the forward hatch and partially the main hatch, I can’t get the bag into the cabin and the sail is going to have to make the journey in the cockpit.
        I am pleased that progress has been made and even dare hope that GANNET will be in the Pacific Ocean sometime next week and on her way to San Diego not long afterwards.