Monday, April 8, 2024

Lake Forest: better tasting martinis; absurb


Because I am a cyclops which seriously effects depth perception out to twenty feet, which if you are sailing a 24’ boat is your entire world, for some years I have avoided using stemmed glasses which I knock over too easily.  We don’t have any stemmed martini glasses at Hilton Head, but we do here, and the past few weeks I have dared to use them.  I have been very careful and thus far I have successfully consumed my drinks without spillage.  I do not claim this is science, but I find martinis taste better when drunk from a martini glass.  They certainly look better.


I went and stood not long ago by the windows looking out over the street.  I stretched my arms and said, “It is absurd.  I am eighty-two years old and I still feel strength that wants to be used.”

Carol came over and put her arms around me and said, “Use it.”

1 comment:

Shawn Stanley said...

Good woman...Glad to hear she finally retired after a long successful career. Look forward to reading about your adventures in Hilton Head.