Thursday, December 14, 2023

Hilton Head Island: a bad decision; wingsuiting Ball’s Pyramid; frozen in time

 


I thank Ron for the above photo which he sent with the caption ‘wind’.  I suggested it was the result of a bad decision, but then it might have been a nice day with a good forecast when they left the dock.  Unlikely, but possible.  Micro-bursts do happen.  Ron experienced one himself on the Chesapeake and has the dubious distinction of having been on two different boats when they were struck by lightning.  I have never been on one and would like to keep it that way.



From Nathan comes a link to a short spectacular video of a young man wingsuiting Ball’s Pyramid, which is near Lord Howe Island mentioned in the journal a few weeks ago:

https://self-portraitinthepresentseajournal.blogspot.com/2023/11/hilton-head-island-half-legal-1986.html

Nathan suggested that I don’t often watch such videos and he is correct, but he is also correct that I enjoyed this one and perhaps you will too.  I thank him.

https://youtu.be/cqQrWWpcT0I?si=9riyHhrgmr6Q50em




You will not have noticed that the journal header has been changed, but you may notice that the header for this journal does not recognize paragraphs.

I have not been able to upload to the main site for months.  I spent an aggravating and frustrating morning making new futile attempts.  So the main site is frozen in time.  There is more than enough Webb Chiles there to keep my future biographers and anyone else who has interest busy for years.  

I particularly regret not being able to change the unreliable contact email given in the main site and apologize for whatever confusion that may cause.








2 comments:

David said...

I think it is called "Wingsuiting". Remarkable. Thanks for sharing.

Webb said...

Thank you, David. I got it wrong and have made the correction.