Friday, January 15, 2021

Hilton Head Island: on

 I appreciate the comments a few of you made and emails I received.

Yesterday was an aberration.  I have known despair, as have all who live, but always there was a reason:  loss of love; disappointment about writing; structural failure of boats.  Yesterday there was nothing to point to.

Today was misty and rainy.  I did not go down to GANNET.  I am only doing cosmetics.  All sailing systems have already been restored to pre-circumnavigation levels.  I would have liked to work, but that I couldn’t made little difference.

For whatever indescribable if not inexplicable reason, yesterday’s malaise is gone.

I am sipping post-pizza Chianti.  Hardly health food, but we usually eat well, and I am well.  Listening to a scrambled playlist of soundtrack music which reminded me of a friend I have not communicated with for a while, so I did.

I have correctly called this the dying part of my life.  I have not yet figured that out, but I am working on it.

Onward.  Upward.  Or at least sideways.

Go at life as hard as you can as long as you can.  I will if I can understand how.

L’Chaim (to life).  My favorite toast.



No comments: