Thursday, September 10, 2026

Hilton Head Island: just wondering


This is the view at 8:45 this morning from my usual place by our bedroom window.  Forty-five minutes later you could not see the marina through a deluge.  Twenty minutes after it had begun, it ended and you again saw the above.  An hour later and another deluge.  That has been our weather pattern ever since we returned from the West Coast two weeks ago.  Carol’s tennis has been rained out three days in a row and she is getting restless.  It would have been rained out today, too, but she drove me to my semi-annual skin cancer appointment and had none scheduled.  Of my exam I was reasonably certain I have at least one cancer.  Two growths were biopsied.  Results in a week or so.

Also in the photo you can see on my iPad Pro the number 1,165,000,000,000.  That should be preceded by a dollar sign.

You probably have heard or read that yesterday a politician promised every adult U.S. Citizen a payment of $5,000 if the Republican Party wins the primary election in November.  I thought:  that must be a lot of money and so googled how many U.S. citizens are 21 or older.  AI tells me 233,000,000 to 235,000,000, and who am I to doubt our soon to be master?  So I opened the calculator app and multiplied 233,000,000 by 5,000.  The result is 1,165,000,000,000.  That is one trillion one hundred and sixty-five billion.  Dollars.  Which is indeed a lot of money.  I wonder where it is going to come from.

No comments: