Monday, February 25, 2019

Shelter Bay Boat Yard: touched up



        If you enlarge yesterday’s photo and today’s you may be able to see that I touched up GANNET’s rub rail, several feet of whose paint was rubbed away when we were pounded against the dock two nights before our departure, and various spots on the topsides.
        I had thought to remove the cans of paint and some disposable brushes before we left from where they are normally stowed beneath the v-berth and would have been nearly unreachable.
        GANNET needs to repainted, inside and out, but for a boat that has done 27,000 miles in the past four years, she passes my 'viewed from a boat length away' test.
        I also cleaned the bilge.
        Today work was done on the cradle.  It might be finished tomorrow, though I am not counting on that.
        I have also studied the furling gear.  I can see what needs to be done, but I don’t understand how to do it.  Perhaps the rigger can figure it out.
        And tracking on the second tiller pilot shows it has finally cleared Customs and been turned over to the delivery company.