Monday, November 12, 2018

Evanston: FREE SOLO

        Mark recommended the documentary film, FREE SOLO, about Alex Honnold’s climb of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.  I thank him.  Carol and I saw it yesterday and both of us are still thinking and talking about it today.  I would not have thought what Alex Honnold did is humanly possible.  Four hours requiring incredible strength and balance with zero margin for error.  The film shows cameramen turning away from their cameras, unable to endure the tension, knowing that at any instant they might be filming a man falling to his death.
        Mark advised that the film is best seen on a big screen.  I agree, but if that is not possible, I expect that in time FREE SOLO will appear on the National Geographic TV channel.

        Here is a link to the trailer: