Monday, October 8, 2018

Saint Michaels: a possible change of mind

        Further study of weather projections is causing me to consider leaving tomorrow and working my way part way down the Bay.  Tuesday and Wednesday the wind is supposed to be light from the south and there are a couple of anchorages protected from both north and south that I should be able to reach that would enable me to take quick advantage of a wind shift to the north.  If I remain here, I will waste much of a day getting back north and then west before being able to make the turn south.  Also in more than wind I will require assistance to exit this slip.  There are no cleats on these docks, so lines must be tied or looped over pilings.  Awkward for single handers.
        I’ll make the decision based on information available tomorrow morning.