Friday, October 12, 2018

Little Choptank River: fine

        I went to sleep about 9 p.m.
        Wind woke me at 3 a.m., gusting 37 knots and pushing GANNET around,  but there were no waves and she remained mostly level.  That was the highest wind I saw before I went back to sleep.
        Sunny and continued windy this morning, gusting into the mid-20s.  If it decreases to be consistently below 20 knots, I’ll leave, even if late in the day and sail overnight.  If not, tomorrow morning.  The final mile or so out the river mouth will be a beat against this cold northwest wind.  Once out in the bay the wind will be behind me until sometime Sunday.
        A friend who lives in the Outer Banks reports flooding and maximum wind of 82.  I don’t know if that is mph or knots.  Either way a lot of wind.