Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Chesapeake Bay: underway

        At 11:40 am GANNET and I are sailing at 1.4 knots in about that much wind five miles from the Chesapeake Maritime Museum dock from which I cast off at 9:30.
        I enjoyed Saint Michaels and the Museum, but I must confess to an instinctive pleasure as we cleared the dock.
        We powered in flat calm for an hour.  Once we cleared the outer shoal in the channel, I cut the Torqeedo and we have sailed.  Sort of.
        In another mile we can turn WSW and nine miles later, if we make it that far today, south.
        It is good to be underway.  One of the few things of which I am certain is that you don’t get closer to your destination tied to the dock.
        The Yellowbrick is active, sending up positions at six hour intervals.  I sent one manual about the time we left,
        The tracking page is:  https://my.yb.tl/gannet