Tuesday, May 2, 2017

St. Lucia: gone tomorrow

        I’ve done everything on my to-do list, except fit the Torqeedo.  I may wait until tomorrow morning to do that. I even completed a forgotten item and oiled the interior wood.
        The Yellowbrick is active, sending up positions every six hours.  You should see motion by 1800 GMT tomorrow.  Possibly by 1200.  The tracking page is:  https://my.yb.tl/gannet
        The latest from LuckGrib, downloaded a few minutes ago, shows 15 knots from the east through Sunday, then becoming lighter as I near Puerto Rico.
        In a little while I will go ashore and have a pizza.  The leftovers will be lunch tomorrow hopefully while GANNET is making six or seven knots twenty-five miles northwest of here.
        A waypoint off Key West is 1,335 nautical miles distant, however that is a straight line course that crosses land and the sailing distance will be between 1400 and 1500 miles.  With decent wind, twelve days, plus or minus two.
        I wish you joy.